Canadian Rogers $35 Hardware Upgrade Admin Fee

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Poochi, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

I got the iPhone 4 on launch day and waited 11hours due to Rogers upgrade server down.

On both the hardware upgrade check page and my in store contract both showed only the $159 for the phone with no mention of $35 admin fee.

To my surprise, on my bill I received today, they charged me that additional $35 admin fee that was never disclosed to me when I did the upgrade nor is it anywhere on my written contract.

So, I hate surpises and gouged by a big company, I called their billing department and was told nothing could be done because on their note, the telephone rep (in store phone upgrade because computer was down) told the in store rep and supposedly told the apple rep and myself that there is that $35 charge - which they didn't.

So long story short, they gave me a hard time so I did the same in return, and at the end the cancellation department is only willing to compensate $30 in form of $10/month credit for the next 3 month because they can't do anything about the fee.

For the record, I got a pretty decent plan and all my cellphones add up to over $200 per month that I am paying and I believe for that and been with Rogers since last century they could have done better.

Every single time I do a change or upgrade or move, I always get overcharged almost without an exception. If there is a better phone company out there I would change right away. Too bad they all suck so what can I do? Keep dreaming lol.

2. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

that's a stiff fee, it's only 18 US for our upgrade fee.