Canadian Unlockers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kaibot, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Kaibot macrumors member

Hello I am from the great white north and will be making the long 1.5 hour trek to amehrika this coming Thursday to purchase an iPhone at the Buffalo Apple store. I will be using the Rogers network (not using EDGE). I am wondering what methods anyone up here has used and worked out well. It'd just be nice to ensure that the method I choose has been used by someone in the same area. So what should I do?

Also, I have all my contacts stored on my SIM card, I am currently using a Samsung D807 and don't really have a way to sync my contacts to my computer. Once I have the phone unlocked will all my contacts remain? If not I guess I should start copying all of them to addressbook.... gun be a bitch

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Border patrol has been alerted.

Have a nice day.

:p

3. Kaibot thread starter macrumors member

o rly? pls no :(

I needs it. I needs it so bad.

4. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

haha I wouldn't even know whom to call.

I think you're quite safe even if I did.

5. Kaibot thread starter macrumors member

Hey don't give anybody any ideas.;)

6. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Lol :D
    Like its illegal to bring an iphone to canada :D

7. Kaibot thread starter macrumors member

HAhaha almost feels like it

8. kunaalarria macrumors member

use the modmyiphone.com.. i just did it last week...got it from the buffalo store too .. took about 2 hours cuz i kept messing up...and now its working on fido.... and ur gonna have to start copying the contacts to the address book :p...i got a mac so i just bluetoothed my old phone ..copied the sim contacts...and then put them on the iphone

9. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

10. kylegherman macrumors newbie

Just giving you heads up but I went down to Washington yesterday from Vancouver to buy an iPhone to find out that the phone must be activated in the store. This went for the AT&T store as well as the Apple store. You have to have a US address and sign up for the plan in store, they then give you a code to put into itunes. They said Apple just started making them do this because of all the people outside of the USA trying to buy iPhones. I don't know if this at all stores yet but just warning you. Because of this I bought one of someone on craigslist, it cost me a bit more but I feel it was worth it.

11. Kaibot thread starter macrumors member

Hrmmm, well I do have a US address that I can use although it's in Arizona.... hhaha.

Like I have to sign up and give payment info and all that?

I will find a way regardless...

Btw do any of you go to a coffee shop in Toronto called Mercury? My brother saw and talked to a guy with an iPhone there the other week.

Lol.. it's like you're a celebrity if you have an iPhone here in Canada.

12. Kaibot thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, that was the tutorial that I was most drawn to, looks simple enough...

I can sync to my phone via Bluetooth, but I can only transfer one contact at a time. It is probably faster re-typing them into Address Book, but I have about 160 contacts. ughhhhhh. Stupid phone...:mad: