Canadian users - unlimited data plan from Rogers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Consultant, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Rogers Wireless today began offering its sought-after Communicate Value Pack, the first bundle plan to offer true unlimited web browsing with the Canadian provider...

The plan adds $20 Canadian (same in US dollars) to the cost of any existing cellphone plan and is limited to 'feature' phones; PC cards as well as smartphones either running the BlackBerry or Windows Mobile operating systems are subject to different plans. A separate version of the pack with just the unlimited on-device web browsing is also available, though Rogers has not confirmed the accuracy of the $7 monthly fee leaked ahead of the debut. http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/02/05/rogers.unlimited.data/

So for those waiting for an iPhone in Canada, it MIGHT be soon (or later, or you can get an unlocked iPhone and try to use the plan).

--------
    Edit: Most users might want to wait a little bit until confirmation that it'll work with the iPhone.

2. abz786 macrumors 6502

but who cares if it comes to Canada
    i already got it unlocked :) hehehehe

that data plan though does sound really good and wanting to add it to my acccount asap!

3. abz786 macrumors 6502

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That's great... pricing is very consistent with US pricing for mobile data services. Were there already unlimited data service plans for WM or Blackberry, or what's the deal with that? Between WM and BB, that's a huge majority of people who actually use large amounts of data service on their plans.

5. Consultant thread starter macrumors G5

Consultant

Congrats. Data plans were extremely expensive in Canada before this change.

Time to sell more iphones... =)

6. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

7. Consultant thread starter macrumors G5

Consultant

Some people might figure it out.

It's like in the US, one of the carrier's $6 or $7/month limited device plan can be made to use as unlimited internet with a certain device. =)

8. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Yeah I just tried it, its WAP. There's actually a workaround to this? I would LOVE to have unlimited internet on my iPhone!

9. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Hey I just wanted to tell you

If you got that 7$ plan and are using it for everything... well...
    you're gonna have quite a large bill running up this month