Canadian wanting an iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by canadadude, Nov 8, 2010.

1. canadadude macrumors member

Im heading down to scottsdale AZ and i want to know if i can buy an iphone down there and bring it back to canada and use on sasktel network?Sasktel doesnt offer the iphone here yet .Anyone know if this is possible?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

All US iPhones are locked to AT&T. You would have to find some way to unlock it (Google might help you).

3. rust0r macrumors member

why not order it directly from apple?

4. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I thought all iPhones in the U.S. required a 2 year AT&T contract? So, not likely you'll be able to get one unless you're buying it in a private sale and then you have to jailbreak and unlock it.

You can order directly from Apple and use it on SaskTel, or you can buy a used Telus or Rogers phone if you're going to jailbreak/unlock anyway, or if you're not in contract with SaskTel, you can get a subsidized one from Telus with a 3 year contract and have the same coverage as you do with SaskTel. (making the assumption you don't want to go with Rogers since their SK coverage sucks)

5. g35 macrumors 6502a

Buy it in Canada...for $60 more (less, if you factor in duty) you get a factory unlocked phone.

apple.ca should ship one to you

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I don't understand why you would want to do this.... Buy it from Canada's Apple Store which is factory unlocked... All iPhones in the USA are locked to AT&T EVEN if you pay full price for them...

7. CZK, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

That makes no sens......................

1.www.apple.ca
    2.Order
    3.Enjoy ?!
    ________
    Strawberry Cough