Canadians buying Iphone in USA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cyu92, Dec 22, 2014.

1. cyu92 macrumors newbie

Have any Canadians bought an iphone 6 in the states and permanently using it in Canada with a Canadian carrier (Fido, Rogers, Telus, etc.)? I'm thinking of buying the Iphone 6 64gb and it is a lot cheaper in the states than in Canada... but I'm not sure if it'll be ok using it with Fido here in Canada. Also, what will happen to the warranty/support?
    Thanks for your advice/help!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It'll work fine, but you might want to recheck your prices I think you've been looking at the subsidized US prices and not the full price. At the moment the price is about the same. The Canadian iPhone 6 is $749 CAD while the US version is $649 USD which when you take the exchange rate into account is $754.11 CAD according to google plus whatever fees your bank charges for the currency conversion. So at the moment at least price wise you are better off just buying it in Canada.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If warranty is required, I am sure you will need to return to a US Apple Store.

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

It was cheaper when it first came out but our dollar hasn't been doing well relative to USD so now if you were to convert your CAD to USD, you'd actually need more CAD than the iPhone costs here to buy it at USD prices.

To answer your question though, I believe if you get the Verizon version full price, it is GSM unlocked and will work with the major Canadian carriers (Rogers, Fido, Telus, Bell etc).