Canadians - ipod/printer rebate yet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nidserz, Jun 29, 2008.

1. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Well I purchased my Mac with a free iPod and printer just a few days after the promo began (June 5th), but haven't mailed everything in yet because I'm afraid and don't want to mess up...for those of you who don't know, us Canadians still have to cut out and mail in UPCs, etc...no on-line rebate for us :(

Anyways has anybody from Canada sent in their rebate yet? anybody get a check yet?

So what I have done is Photocopied my iMac UPC label to send in with my iPod rebate and on the iPod form where it said: "did you send in your original UPC with any other promotion?" -- I put: "Perfect Companion Canon #### (Model Number)".

Anybody able to tell me if I am on the right track?

Thanks!!!

2. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Anybody got an update? Anyone get a rebate back from Apple in Canada?
    I'm going to call in to track and see if everything went smoothly today. Its been about a month already...

3. limonade macrumors member

limonade

4. zuma022 macrumors regular

I'm in BC and just got my iPod Touch rebate in the mail. I sent in the labels about 6 weeks ago. I called after about 4 weeks for an update and was told they can't look into it if it's less than 5 weeks. So I guess that's pretty standard. I did send in the original UPC labels cut out of the box though.

5. magiic macrumors regular

magiic

The mail in rebates in Canada sound like a total joke

6. 514Mac macrumors newbie

nidserz, You got a rebate on an iPod & a printer?

I just bought my MBP a couple weeks ago and got the iPod Touch rebate, but haven't sent it in just yet. I'm about to do that soon though.

Let me know when you receive yours; I'd like to figure out how long it'll take me to get mine as well.

7. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update and let you know I got both my rebates (iPod Touch + Printer) today in the mail.
    I went online to the Apple site and found the tracking website and put in my name, number, approx date sent (around June 20-25) and it showed that it was complete and mailed on July 23rd. I got both checks in the mail today.

Glad everything went smoothly and great offer from Apple.

8. limonade macrumors member

limonade

9. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I successfully did the rebate. I've done it a few times now so I'm a pro!

it's a real pain...

Here is what you need to do for Mac + iPod + printer

1) Cut out UPC from Mac box

2) Cut out UPC label from iPod

3) Cut out UPC label from printer

4) Fill out form for iPod

5) Fill out form for Printer.

6) Make copies of the following: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and your bill

7) Now you need two envelopes. The first is for the iPod. Put in the envelope the following: form for iPod, UPC for iPod, copy of bill. Indicate on the iPod form that your UPC for Mac was mailed for the perfect companion printer promotion (indicate exact promotion name and date mailed)
    For the second envelope (printer), put in the following: UPC for printer, copy of bill, UPC for Mac, form for printer.

8) Mail these away and await your cheque.

Does that clarify things?