Canadians... where does the Apple ship from?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deebee29, Jul 19, 2010.

1. deebee29 macrumors newbie

Will soon be ordering my new MBP, and I'm ordering the base model, 13 inch. Just wondering where it will ship from. I live in Canada.

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. deebee29 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops! I meant to make the title "Canadians... Where does Apple ship from?"

Thanks for the quick answer! :)

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

If you order a refurb unit, they seem to ship form California. At least the few Apple refurb things we ordered came from there. We are on the west coast, directly north of California - but everything seems to need to go visit the east before being delivered. It is oh so frustrating to watch the tracking info show your new unit within a hundred or two kilometres - and then get shipped thousands of kilometres east before returning to the coast. :)

5. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

If you are worried about duty or brokerage upon delivery, there is none, regardless of where Apple ships the product from.

6. EzhnoWolf macrumors member

When my brother ordered his base model 13" (no customization) it shipped directly from Ontario.

When I ordered my customized 15" it shipped from China.

It was very quick to deliver for the 13" so my theory is that they have a stockpile of base model macs in a warehouse in Ontario and ship right away whereas customized ones take longer because they need to be built over in China.

7. deebee29 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm... thanks for the information. Hopefully mine will ship from Ontario, since it is not customized. I've already had to delay ordering it a couple of times, so I'm getting anxious to get it finally!

8. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

They ALL ship from Shanghai, China, however your packing slip will have Apple's Canadian offices' address on it, which is somewhere in Markham.

9. Laurencia7 macrumors 6502

They ship from California, not China..they are made in China!

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not true. They are built and shipped directly from Shanghai, China to the customer, unless they're bought in a store.