Canadians: who's the best service provider?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thermal, Jul 27, 2010.

1. thermal macrumors regular

I'm currently with Telus on a month-to-month contract. I have an iPhone 3G.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 4, and since I have no contract figure this may be a good time to switch to a better provider if one is better than the other. So I'm curious what other Canadians think: how good are other providers compared to Telus?

Thanks

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Depends on where you live, some providers have better coverage than others but you really have 2 choices of networks in which the iPhone operates on:
    -Bell & Telus.. who share their 3G network
    -Rogers

If it is plans you are looking for then I would wait another day and a bit as more info gets released. I use Rogers and don't plan on switching as I have no complaints with them.

3. etceteraism macrumors member

What's the phrase...."same (insert banned word for poo here), different pile"? Yeah, it's like that.

I would point out that there's been a lot of discussion in the Canadian iPhone thread about Fido's stacked contracts (ie if you upgrade your phone 2yrs into a 3yr contract, instead of a new 3yr contract starting, this gets added on to your existing one...meaning you'd have a 4yr contract. You can imagine what's going to happen in a couple of years when these people want to upgrade to iPhone 5 or 6....).

Another thing to point out is Rogers is the only carrier that still charges SAF.

4. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Nope they removed it. All there is now is a government fee. Comes out to like 3$ a month in fees, after 911, and some tax fee...

5. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

Adding my vote for ANYONE BUT FIDO. I was completely satisfied with their service but this stacking contracts policy is simply infuriating. :mad:

6. Steveo47 macrumors regular

Im on telus, i live in alberta and ive never had a problem with reception. But i was with rogers at one point, which wasent the best for me, then again i did have a RAZR at that time.

7. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502