Canadians...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Togroovy, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Togroovy macrumors newbie

Alright,
    So I work at a Big Box location close to the canadian border and I have to say.. I'm sick of canadians coming down to the US and not only trying to buy iphones, but constantly asking me how to unlock/hack/unbrick their illegitimate iphones. I am more that familiar with the iphone and love the thing, but I cant stand these people that have less tech knowledge than my grandmother and want to hack up a mobile os. Sure I know, it sucks for you cause your wireless carrier (rogers or whatever) is taking its sweet time getting it to you, but that doesnt mean joe canuck should jump the boarder to buy one knowing you cant even figure out itunes. If you do figure out how to start your car and come buy one then please, don't even bother asking random employees how to hack the thing. If you want and iphone and dont know the first thing about it, probably a good idea to wait and get it when it legitimately launches in canada. A guy yesterday asked me how to unbrick his iphone. I asked how it got like that, and of course he botched an anysim install and then ran updates.. The worst part? When I told him I didnt know anything about how to do that (and it would be a job violation to tell him) he got mad at me and ranted for at least 5 minutes about how much bs that was, like it was my fault. This is happening almost daily it seems here. Plus I'm seeing rants on this forum about how their canadian bill was so expensive and it's apple and at&t's fault, if you dont know the consequences of buying and trying to hack an expensive cell phone and you dont know what your doing, dont do it! Anyways, thats my rant, flame me if you will but I know theres more people out there that have had the same thing happen to them.

oh yeah, and i love how they think their economy is so strong because their loony or whatever is overvalued.. they wave that flag like it was a good thing and always have to tell me about it. oh, silly canadians...

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

This thread is not intended to provoke a reasonable discussion, it's just flamebaiting, pure and simple. For that reason, this thread is finished just when it's started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.