Home Canary Security Camera

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Coffee50, May 17, 2016.

1. Coffee50 macrumors regular

Hey all,

Just wanted to check & see if anyone had or is currently using the canary security camera.

I'm thinking about picking one up & wanted to hear any thoughts. Pros / cons?

Thanks for your help!

2. imhereareyou, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016

imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Nope I have not used it but look at the reviews...very mixed. And the price seems a little high for a security camera. Costco had an awesome deal but not sure if they still have it..

Canary Security Camera on Amazon

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

4. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

I just did a copy and paste... Not sure where it got the mac rumors? Very interesting.

I even copy and pasted it again to see, it changes it automatically I guess..

5. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Yeah, I was wondering if did an automatic re-write of the URL to add their own merchant code to get a cut of the transaction. Here, I'll post a link to something and see if that happens, here's my test http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Echo-Bluetooth-Speaker-with-WiFi-Alexa/dp/B00X4WHP5E <-- just a direct link copied and pasted from the Amazon Echo page.

6. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

yup, has the macrumors on that link as well.

7. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

got a macrumors tag on the above as well

8. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Yeah, they're adding their affiliate code through a re-write, not sure how unscrupulous this is to be honest. Here's Amazon's link explaining it https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/operating/linking Maybe this is worth bringing up in the site feedback forum.

To the OP, sorry for hijacking your thread!

9. PhoenixDown macrumors regular

Works well, can be a little sensitive to light and movement (i.e. breeze moving a curtain) but its not a big deal to check. overall I like it.

10. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

Wait for the HomeKit version coming soonish. Without HomeKit, why bother?

11. amjustice macrumors 6502

amjustice

We have one and I am a fan but I agree I would wait for the HomeKit version.

12. Coffee50 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone! I'm going to wait for the homekit version. I signed up to receive updates on when it's released.