Cancel a Reserved iP4 at the Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dschima, Jun 15, 2010.

1. dschima macrumors newbie

So I was able to get through and place an order. I was originally going to have my phone shipped to my college apartment as I live an hour from my parents' home, but then I read that apple will only ship to the billing address (my parents' house) so I opted to have it reserved at the apple store closer to my apartment. I then read that I have to be an authorized/primary user on the att account in order to pick up my reserved phone and I didn't want to hassle with all that. I went through the order process a second time and just decided to have it shipped to my parents' house and just make the drive next week. My question is, do I have to cancel the reserved phone I ordered the first time or will the apple store simply give it to someone else when I don't show up? Thanks!

2. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

If you don't pick up the phone, they will sell it the next day. But it's probably best to cancel the reservation anyway.

3. Screwtape macrumors regular

On the Apple Store, after you order, you can go to the order status and change the shipping address to whatever you want. I haven't done it, but the option is there.

4. RS232 macrumors regular

RS232

I cancelled my reserved 32GB at the store as soon I received a confirmation email that they were going deliver my pre-order by 24th June.

I thought it would be fair to let someone else have it! I know that the store would just kill off the reserve by the end of the day, but I rather try to make someone else happy on that day ... well, someone in Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey! :)

5. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

There should be a cancel link at the bottom of your email confirmation