Cancel At&t...before 30 days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tofaha, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Tofaha macrumors 6502

hi i've had my iphone for less than 30 days now...but now im thinking of returning it to the apple store.
    how do i go about doing that?
    do i need to call sprint (my previous carrier and tell them to port my number to them)?
    any help will be great! :]

ps. reasons for returning:
    1. service drops too many times
    2. service is too expensive (i wish i could keep the iphone though lol)

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

You need to go back to Sprint first and port your number back over and hook your phone up then that will automatically cancel at&t and then return your iphone and you will be good. Transfer number first or you will lose it.

3. BVGuitarPlayer macrumors regular

Apple's return policy is 14 days. AT&T's is 30 days.

Within 30 days, there is no activation fee, no full month bill, no early termination fee.

What happens if you cancel the service on day 15 because you "don't like the service?" Can you technically keep the phone at the subsidized price and tell AT&T you will return it? Anyone know the ramifications because AT&T does not track Part #s and iPhone serial numbers?

4. dave006 macrumors 68020

No, the iPhone has a 30 day return policy as of July 11 with the launch of the iPhone 3G.

Yes, there is an activation fee. The fee is only waived if you return in days 1-3. The full month bill is really determined by the billing cycle.

The proper order is to return the phone to Apple and expect to pay the 10% restocking fee since the device is not defective. They may waive it but if you expect it then you will not be suprised. Now call and port your number to Sprint. When you return, Apple will update the system to indicate you returned the iPhone.

All you have to risk is an additional $175+ and your credit rating. :eek:

Dave

5. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Your credit will not lower if you pay the ETF.....

I don't know the procedures if you bought it at an Apple Store, but there is no ETF if you want to cancel the contract within 30 days for AT&T.