Cancel AT&T pre-order to buy in store..?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VTAb182, Jul 1, 2010.

1. VTAb182 macrumors regular

Right now, I have a pre-order through AT&T for the iphone 4 that hasn't shipped or anything yet. If I cancel that pre-order, would I instantly be eligible to buy one in store at the upgrade discount price, or would I have to wait a certain amount of time before I could go in?

2. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I bought one in store even before I canceled my ATT.com order, and still got the discounted price. So I don't think you will not have any problem. You could cancel now or even after you buy in store and still most likely will get the discounted price.

3. VTAb182 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just found on AT&T's website HERE that you cannot cancel an order. Was this put in place after you canceled? But either way, how did you cancel? Was there a place on the website or over the phone or what?

4. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I read that article too, and its bogus. As long as it hasn't shipped yet you can cancel it. You can't do it online though, you must call ATT support to cancel it, and that sucks because they put me on hold for 30 minutes until I finally got someone, but when I did I just said I want to cancel, gave him my order number, and a few minutes later it was canceled.

Here's the number to call, 1-877-782-8870.