cancel boot menu?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Little Monster, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Little Monster macrumors newbie

Hi
    since i installed SSD and Bootcamp for my Macbook Pro it will always ask me which drive to boot into when i start my computer... Before i installed the SSD it will boot into whatever OS i had last.. This is annoying and i just want it to boot into the last operating system i used.. now it will automatically go into Boot Menu without me holding the option key.. how do i cancel that?

Regards

Little Monster

2. gks macrumors 6502

System Preferences -> Startup Disk

See what is selected there. Should be able to select the disk you want to boot up on by default.

3. Little Monster thread starter macrumors newbie

yes it selected as OS X but it will still load the Boot Menu every time o restart or start the computer i have to select OSX or Win7 and hit enter before it actually boots into the OS.. very annoying since its delaying my boot-time :(

4. gks macrumors 6502

May have to zap the pram...

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

5. Mac_Max macrumors 6502

Resetting the PRAM is a PPC Mac trick, not an Intel one. The guide you want for Intel Macs is Resetting the SMU.

6. gks macrumors 6502

ah, good call. I've never had to do it personally so it's always a last resort for me when recommending it. thanks for the correction.

7. Little Monster thread starter macrumors newbie

hi
    i've tried doing the SMC reset but it's still there.. its ever since i installed my Vertex 3 and bootcamp that the problem has occurred...

8. gks macrumors 6502

All out of ideas here... I'd suggest heading over to the Apple Support Forums (or call AppleCare if you have it) and post the same question, but also include all of the things you've tried to do to fix it. Hopefully someone can chime in with a working answer.