Cancel Contract Early

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brocco, Apr 26, 2009.

1. brocco macrumors newbie

I am currently with Verizon and I want to cancel and switch to AT&T for the Iphone, but I am stuck in a contract. I have read that if I were to sign up with AT&T and switched over my number my Verizon account would be automatically cancelled and I would get the cancellation fee. Also is the iphone worth switching, IMO I think it is.

2. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

I did it and it was worth it.

Also call Verizon - your contract is pro-rated so you won't have to pay the entire early termination fee. Mine was less than $100.

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

If you think its worth it to get an iPhone, then you think its worth the cancellation fee... so what is the problem?

4. brocco thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess my question is how do I go about cancelling, do I have to call or go into the store or what's the deal?

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

If you keep your number then the contract is canceled in the Apple Store. I was on T-Mobile and I went into the Apple Store and bought the iPhone 3G and during the process they asked me if I wanted to keep my number, then I called T-Mobile to cancel my plan only to find out it was already canceled via the process.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

How much longer until your Verizon contract ends? Maybe you should just wait it out.
    Maybe, if a new iPhone comes out this summer, you'll be happy you waited.....

I mean, why pay more than necessary?

7. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Basically wait until the new iPhone comes out this summer, Go into AT&T or Apple and get the new one. . . Verizon will automatically cancel because they will see you moved your number to another service provider.

I LOVE my iPhone, had it for two years and it just keep getting better. . . My boss hate when I pull out my phone at work because customers ask me about it (I work for T-Mobile retail :D) But it's definitely worth it!

I am buying the new one this summer but AFTER the first batch. Everyone knows the first shipment is always the worst ;)

8. brocco thread starter macrumors newbie

my contract ends in December so I guess I should wait, I am just getting very ansy:)