Cancel Contract - Waiting Period?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thehopscotch, Jun 4, 2010.

1. thehopscotch macrumors regular

thehopscotch

After AT&T changing my upgrade date from 6/7/10 to 9/7/10 this week...I'm now considering cancelling my contract since the ETF is at $95 now - obviously cheaper than the additional $200 for early upgrade.

I read in another thread where someone mentioned that there is a 2-3 month waiting period to start a new contract with a new phone at the subsidized price.

Is that true, or can I cancel my contract and immediately sign up for a new line with a new iPhone at the subsidized price?

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Not sure how long the waiting period is, but I know it's at least 60 days.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I used to think so, but several on here have asked AT&T CSRs and been told otherwise.

I'd like to see someone post something concrete.....let's kill all the speculative replies. All the "this is the way we've always 'known' it to be" answers.

It would be great if we got a response from someone who's done this.

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Give AT&T CS a call and verify as they would be able to give a concrete answer. Last time I checked it was either 60 or 90 days. Either way there is a waiting period.

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

There seems to be some unofficial lee-way with this, so definitely just call ... it will get you your answer quicker than posting multiple threads :)

Furthermore, I would also point out that your upgrade date changed - this is clearly logged and I'm sure you can argue that to prevent too much hassle on either end.