Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2003
I had an issue with my credit card's fraud detection on the morning of preorder, so even though I eventually got my order in for 9/25 delivery, I made a backup reservation at a store just in case.

Now that it looks like my preorder is confirmed, I cannot find any way to cancel my reservation. Even the email says that it cannot be changed or cancelled online.

I don't want to delay someone else getting an iPhone because of my backup reservation. Does anyone know if I can cancel the reservation by calling Apple?

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
I saw the same notice on my email confirmation of the reservation. If I needed to cancel, I would call the local store.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Same issue here. I accidentally started a reservation to answer a question on this site and can't find a way to cancel it.

JPiper

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2009
Texas
I suggest not showing, as above. But Apple products can be cancelled even after you've taken delivery, for 14 days I believe.

johnparjr

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Earth
I suggest not showing, as above. But Apple products can be cancelled even after you've taken delivery, for 14 days I believe.

The reservation in store does not charge a credit card so there is no waiting time for a refund its just a placeholder for that person to pay in store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.