Cancel my 42mmSpace Gray Sport and try for a silver?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by joshcls, Apr 24, 2015.

1. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

I've got a 42mm Space Gray Sport, ordered at xx.03
    Still processing, received EOD. No charge.

Wondering if I'd be better off ordering a 42mm silver. Might get it quicker at this rate!

I'll obviously keep the other order open...

What is the best SKU, band wise right now? Blue? White?

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I ordered a silver sport with blue band as some who had ordered had them ship the next day, but no luck for me. Ship date says June.

I wouldn't cancel any orders until you have at least one ship.

3. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

someone said that they ordered the green sport last week and it shiped this week so as long as its not SG you have a better chance of getting it sooner.

4. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Agreed, don't cancel any orders to at least one ships. I think next week will be a good week for shipments,I'm sure there will be a lot of movement this weekend with flights bring product over to the states.

5. leenak macrumors 68020

If you are in the 4/24 - 5/8 delivery window, I'd guess that 90% of the people in that window will get a watch by 5/1. So if you can wait a week, I'm guessing you'd have your space grey.

6. ncstatered21 macrumors regular

I'm trying to figure this out as well. But I have a feeling my 38mm space grey will come through in the next few days.

It's not fun now but I have my GF's white sport until then. I would like to hear something official from Apple before I do anything like cancel my order.

Or if there is ZERO movement of SGS black band 38mm in the coming days then I may start reconsidering.

Because right now I have only seen one persons card charged. And I have seen one box in the wild from one of the boutique's.

I think the wait will be worth it. Maybe by some miracle I will have 2 boxes when I get home from work this evening. People have said it has happened so we shall see. I did see an abnormal about of FEDEX semi-trucks going down the highway this morning. Who knows! I'm along for the ride at the moment.

7. joshcls thread starter macrumors 6502

joshcls

Will Apple put a full hold on my card if I order a silver now? Really don't want to get a hold put in for that, and then charged for the space gray...

8. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

you do not get charged till it is prepared for shipment.

9. joshcls thread starter macrumors 6502

joshcls

What about a hold?

10. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

there wont be a hold.. they charge you when its going to be shipped and you have to cancel before they charge your credit card.

11. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

It will be the same hold as the original order. If your bank took the full amount then and then gave it back it will most likely do the same.

12. joshcls thread starter macrumors 6502

joshcls

Gonna go for it. Was on the fence between the two anyways. Shouldn't have waited til today.

Should I try for a blue or white band, do you guys think?

13. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

blue one has been shipping the quickest according to a couple other people. order quick enough and you might get it early next week.

14. d0minick macrumors 6502

i tried for a white band yesterday. still processing. im stateside. i'd go for the blue if i had to choose again. gonna buy new bands in a few months anyway.

but that SG looks slick man.

15. Juanefny macrumors regular

Are any stainless steel ones shipping faster than others? If I'm gonna not get the sg sport I would probably rather get the ss...

16. alhumphrey macrumors member

Ive just ordered and extra 32mm sport in green. I will update with any changes if that helps

17. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

this is what i did last night.. so far processing.. hope for a charge today or early next week on this or my SG one.

18. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I have decided to go this route also (kinda), ordered an SS Watch 42... whichever ships first, I'll buy.