Cancel Order and Wait in Line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KG5429, Sep 17, 2014.

1. KG5429 macrumors member

I ordered my iPhone 6+ 64g through apple.com on 9/12. I was one of those people that was up ready to go at launch but could not successfully complete my order until around 5:30 am EST. I am in the Oct 1-6 category. Like many of us I have ALWAYS had the new iPhone on launch day so this is making me stir crazy! I have thought about trying my luck in line at Verizon on Friday but have been told since I have my pre order through apple even I cancel while in line at Verizon it may take 3 days for my line to clear and be able to purchase phone.

Has anyone else called and verified with Verizon that if we cancel our preorder on Friday morning we can still get a phone in store instantly after canceling?:apple:

2. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

Get in line. Cancel your order. You know that the wait will kill you, and that's assuming it does actually come in the first week of October. With the new rumor that production can't keep up with demand, it could slip to much longer.

3. KG5429 thread starter macrumors member

I just worry that if I cancel my order even while standing in front of the rep holding my phone my line will not clear instantly to allow me to purchase the phone in person on Friday. I have heard some rumors when you cancel with apple it can take 3 days to clear with Verizon to allow you to purchase.

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

You can get in line but I would NOT cancel your order until you're sure you can get one. Doing so might just cost you a month+ delay.

All signs point to VERY tight supply of the Plus in stores. Be careful you don't shoot yourself in the foot.

(BTW, I'm in the same boat. Still considering lining up but everything I'm hearing about Plus supply isn't good. Could be the next Gold 5S.)

:apple:

5. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

when pre order announce on sep 12 , i can make it at 3am but i dont do it , cause i don't trust apple shipping .... always change later ,,, i decide go wait in line ,,,,

6. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

Good point, maybe wait to cancel, but definitely get in line! :apple:

7. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

That is a risk, but not as big of risk as canceling a good preorder (Oct 1-6) time.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Just wait at this point. Otherwise you may end up having issues and waiting longer.

They may not reset your upgrade till next week, you may end up ordering again and having to wait longer.

9. KG5429 thread starter macrumors member

Agreed. I will not cancel until the verizon rep has my phone in hand! I just worry I get lucky and they have a phone but won't sell it to me bc my line is not cleared and won't clear for up to three day from what I have read on other forum post.

10. JoeBenjamin macrumors newbie

JoeBenjamin

I've read in other parts of the forum people claiming the Apple salesperson will be able to transfer your online order's carrier upgrade approval to your purchase in the store on Friday, but I haven't seen confirmation from anyone from Apple or who had that situation when the 5 or 5S were released.

11. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

here what you gotta do my friend .....

ready for GAS on your car on that day , pump full fuel on your car , you need to drive from 1 store to another to search an iphone

if apple store out of stock ,,,, drive to bestbuy
    if bestbuy store out of stock ,, drive to target
    if target store out of stock ,,,, drive to radioshack

...... you will get 1 when try all of it store ...

that how i did , everytime ...........

good luck ........

here store list .......

1 , apple store
    2, bestbuy
    3, walmart
    4,radioshack
    5,cosco
    6,target
    7,tmobile
    8, verizon
    9,sprint
    10,tmobile

... and more

you should got 1 available:D

12. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I actually did this one year, but with ATT. Had a pre-order that was set to ship out a few weeks later. Went and got in line. Apple passed out tickets to all of us who would get the device that day so we knew if they had what we needed. Once I got my ticket, I cancelled my pre-order while in line and then got the phone when it was my turn. No problems. My account with ATT was cleared as soon as I got to the front of the line.

Now, mind you, the ppre-order I had was through Apple and not directly with ATT. I think that this is the key. If you pre-ordered directly with your carrier, it likely changed your account upgrade status already and may make it more difficult.

13. dagored macrumors 65816

I did this on the 5 launch, but with AT&T. It took Apple 3 hours to release my purchase, so that I could buy from AT&T. We even called Apple from the store, but if the sales person computer does not show it, you are screwed.

14. KG5429 thread starter macrumors member

I ordered through apple but plan on going to verizon to try and get one. My account through verizon says I have a new device pending activation and cannot purchase another phone.

Did ATT let you reserve the phone for the 3 hours that it took your line to clear?

15. nox5 macrumors 6502

Buy from apple full price and return within 14 days for full refund

16. dagored macrumors 65816

I got lucky, I cancelled at home and went looking for a 5 because my shipping date kept getting moved back. By the time I got to AT&T and we called Apple again, the rep said I had been cleared, but it took AT&T's computers another 20 minutes to pick it up. I did not let the AT&T guy go anywhere. We held the phone until his computer gave the OK.