cancel order and wait to see if Verizon get it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sloppygator2013, Jun 21, 2010.

1. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

Hey I was just wondering if anyone else has thought about this. I know that Verizon rumors have been circling around for YEARS but I have a feeling Apple has to say enough is enough at some point. I think this might be the tipping point considering AT&Ts not only hurting their bottom line but also reputation. Recent rumors have stated Verizon Iphone by end of 2010 or early 2011. Anyone else thought about this??

2. christyn macrumors 6502a

It will be AT LEAST 2011. No chance of it happening this year.

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I really doubt it is going to VZW anytime in 2010, they have a contract until 2012. Remember VZW and their iDon't ads for the droid?

4. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

5. Olorinx macrumors newbie

I'm convinced that Steve Jobs could say "Verizon isn't getting the iPhone until Verizon switches to LTE." and people would still harp and wonder if the Verizon iPhone is imminent. :rolleyes:

6. sloppygator2013 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh without a doubt.

7. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

buy it now. If Verizon does by chance get it, you'll be able to sell your iPhone for to cover the ETF easily!

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Remember they said, Verizon should get iphone in 2010, but now they are saying 2011? Only people who really know when Verizon is going to carry iphones are Apple and AT&T. With AT&T and Apple signing exclusive agreement until 2012, I don't see how it's going to Verizon until then.

9. bahooki macrumors regular

These rumors persist because we iphone owners like to dream about what it would be like to own a phone that actually functioned well as a phone.

10. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

How is AT&T hurting Apple's bottom line? Largest number of pre-orders in history. I'd say they are doing just fine.

That said, yes, I think you should cancel your pre-order and wait for Verizon. Then delete your account here.

Thanks.

11. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Interesting. My iPhone functions just perfectly :)

OP - Yes, cancel your order and wait for Verizon. It's only the logical thing to do. ;)

12. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Eh, won't happen any time soon. Cancel if you want a Droid or something, but there won't be an iPhone 4 this year on VZW.

13. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

My iPhone functions just fine as a phone.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, anyone who says otherwise is totally dreaming.

15. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Dont wait. Im a huge fan of Verizon's network but Im done waiting. Im picking up my reserved iPhone 4 on Thursday. If Verizon gets it at anypoint then I will port back to Verizon, sell the AT&T version, pay for the ETF fee and most of a new one with Verizon. No biggie.

16. sloppygator2013 thread starter macrumors regular

Easy Fanboy. I didn't know a thread would get your knickers in a bunch.

17. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

This is true, especially since VZW will have an LTE network up and running this year.

I'd personally like to see how much of that was AT&T sales. I think the fall of the upgrade cycle (lots of 3G users ready to upgrade) and the bumping of upgrades 6 months really affected sales this time, but I don't think AT&T can keep that kind of volume going. 38% of their user base already have iPhones. I just think the AT&T market is getting saturated. Apple stands to easily add another 30 million iPhone customers by supporting Verizon assuming a similar market penetration.

That being said, I always talk about Verizon's chances of getting the iPhone as hinging on 2 things:

1) Exclusivity contract - Either the contract terms would have to change or one of the parties would have to execute some exit clause that may have been in the contract. Otherwise we wait until 2012.

2) Corporate culture - Verizon is really fighting becoming a dumb pipe. They want to sell their other services. Apple won't allow Verizon to add their logo, use their music store, etc... One of these companies would have to really change their stand and I doubt it will be Apple.

We also have the VP that said Verizon wouldn't be carrying the iPhone anytime in the immediate future.

Considering all these things and the fact that these rumors have never proven to be true, I wouldn't count on a Verizon iPhone this year. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's improbable.

Oh, and regarding the snarky comment about the OP deleting their account, I think the forum would be better off without people of your attitude. Perhaps you should follow your own advice.

18. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

19. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Three threads a day like this. The answer is always the same.

I don't see how suggesting that you quit whining about VZW makes me a fan boy, but if it makes you feel better...

20. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Yep or better yet, Jesus himself could come to earth and say that and people would still insist otherwise. What people fail to realize is that there are alot of phones that never make it other providers, Albiet of lower quality but still it happens.

For example Sanyo's had a long history of just being on sprint for like 5-6 years ,The LG Chocolate is an exclusive to Verizon in the US. So as much as we would like the iPhone on another provider there is a slim chance it could never happen.