Cancel pre-order and try ordering for pick up (Iphone 6 plus)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by driftking2k, Sep 21, 2014.

1. driftking2k macrumors newbie

I started browsing this forum and saw that someone said you can just keep refreshing the apple store "Check Availability in your area" button around midnight local time and you'll have better luck.

Has anyone besides the one person in that thread had luck with this? I cancelled my preorder (estimated delivery date OCTOBER 21-27) as there is a Apple Store about 10-15 minutes away from me.

Basically go to the apple store around midnight, then keep refreshing periodically until an iphone 6 plus is available?

2. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Yes lots of people have had luck with this. I'm noticing the T-Mobile version is the hardest one to find. IF you are looking for ATT or VZW you'll have better luck.

3. driftking2k thread starter macrumors newbie

My carrier is Sprint, so hopefully I'll have some luck.

4. shaunmed macrumors regular

refreshing what page?

5. Bkveteran macrumors newbie

I actually cancelled my preorder from att this morning and picked up my 128 gold 6+ 2 hrs ago. Definitely worth canceling.

6. Glene macrumors 6502

You dont refesh snything, just go to apple. Com and startbuying a new phone, watch the bottom of page for avail for pickup- put in your store... Sometime between 1 am and 5 am, you might see AVAIL FOR PICKUP

If you see it, back out , cancel your other order and get right back on and buy it.

I had a oct 20 ship date, fri night at 3am my local store showed avail
    9 am i had my phone - a 64 6 plus

Watch the circle:
    [​IMG]

7. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Maybe. Today I was at the Apple store to return a case and they had no Sprint phones at all. They didn't get any delivered.

8. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

That's how I got mine. Canceled my pre order and did in store pick up when I saw a plus 128 local

9. driftking2k thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! Gives me some hope. Thanks for sharing that info

10. Mr. Y macrumors regular

I canceled my pre-order last night to reserve for pick-up at a store iStock indicated had the same available. By the time my cancellation was completed, however, that store didn't have it any longer, but a nearby one did. I selected a check-in time for this evening, but status is still "Processing". Hopefully it will be there when I arrive (fingers crossed)