Cancel preorder before lining up instore...

dthai316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
My apple preorders are both set for Nov 17th to 24th delivery dates. I was planning on going to the Apple store on Friday and see if I can secure the phones there, but do I need to cancel my preorders beforehand if I'm using the ATT next plan, since both trade ins have been used?

Thanks in advance.

SR42

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
I had a similar question. I pre ordered a AT&T x but paid in full, and its not supposed to arrived till 17-24 so Im gonna wait in line. Will apple be ok with me buying another at&t x in full as well on the pre order (I'm not canceling the preorder)?

sfwalter

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
My apple preorders are both set for Nov 17th to 24th delivery dates. I was planning on going to the Apple store on Friday and see if I can secure the phones there, but do I need to cancel my preorders beforehand if I'm using the ATT next plan, since both trade ins have been used?

Thanks in advance.
What happens if you go to Att site and check upgrade availability? IF it shows no upgrade available then you would probably my need to cancel.

Might want to call Att to be sure

pl1984

Suspended
Oct 31, 2017

Thanks in advance.
If you're not posting from a line waiting to get into an Apple store then you're too late to get one. :D

sfwalter

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
I had a similar question. I pre ordered a AT&T x but paid in full, and its not supposed to arrived till 17-24 so Im gonna wait in line. Will apple be ok with me buying another at&t x in full as well on the pre order (I'm not canceling the preorder)?
What time are you getting in line. I’m in the same situation.

dthai316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
My apple store is in a mall and they wont let people in until 6 am that morning.

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania

If you paid in full, I would definitely suggest lining up and canceling only after you get the new phone. Since you bought it in full, simply canceling the order should be cake.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2013
Check with the specific local Apple Store you're going to. They may have different rules about lining up overnight, or what time and location the line starts.