Cancel your AT&T iPhone 4s Preorder Possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blkonblk17, Oct 15, 2011.

1. blkonblk17 macrumors 6502

I preordered my phone on the 7th and all went well and I already received my phone. My wife decided she wanted one "now" and we went into a local AT&T store two days before the release. We were told 1-2 weeks however our confirmation email of the order states 21-28 days. Now, all stores where I live have every single iPhone 4S models in stock. I tried going into an AT&T store and calling over the phone and they are saying I can't cancel. On the receipt it says if while your waiting for your preorder if the store gets stock you need to wait for your preorder to come in. My question is how come if the case is that I don't want the phone! I simply just want to cancel my order. If I stand corrected you technically do not start your 2 year contract until you activate the phone hence meaning you would physically need to have the phone. The order status online shows the phone being backordered? Is all this a sham or do I have the right to cancel if I wanted? Looking for comments / similar experiences regarding this matter anyone may have. Thanks in advance..

2. Techie79 macrumors newbie