Canceled contract, 3G Sim card help~~

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inukami, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Inukami macrumors 6502

Hey my contract ends tomorrow on the 16th. Should i take out my 3G sim card or something? Are they going to deactivate the sim card or something? :eek:

I wont need it but its nice to know anyways.

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Do u mean you iPhone contract was cancelled?

If you cancel a contract the sim card will no long work.

3. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah but thats it right? They wont do anything else related to my iPhone :eek:?

4. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

So you took out an iPhone 3G contract. and then cancelled it? that right?

And now you want to know what they will do etc with the sim and the iPhone?

5. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, i will be using TurboSIM v2 +prepaid cause i don't like the expansive monthly plan.

6. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

If you cancel a normal (none iPhone) contract in the UK they ask for the phone back. I dont no how this will work with the iPhone TBH. Did you pay anything for the iPhone? Because i cant believe they will allow you to keep it else it defeats the point of the Pay and Go if you can take contracts out and cancel them and keep the iPhone...

7. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

no no i payed for the early termination fee(well they sent it to me) but i want to know if they ban sometype of number in my iphone by accessing my sim card. I heard that they possibly ban the number's phone or something from the network... i want to know if its true.

8. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

O okies.

Well they can ban the iPhones ID number if they wanted to. But if you have paid for the iPhone i have no idea what will happen.

You no the iPhone cant be unlocked yet dont you? well i no of no way yet (but have been in Oz for 2 months so may have missed the news)!

9. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

well i'm actually with ATT but its not a big deal if they do while unlikely. I can still use T-Mobile if for some reason they start to ban iPhone IDs. And yes you can unlock the iPhone 3G(hardware unlock(TurboSIM), not software).

10. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Ok well tell us now how it all goes.

Hope it all works out.

11. ismoker macrumors member

ismoker

12. jfox00 macrumors member

should be fine

I did what you are asking. I am on AT&T here in USA. I canceled, paid early termination fee, and popped my work sim card from my AT&T treo into my iPhone. Works like a charm. They don't do anything to deactivate the actual phone - they just deactivate the sim.