Canceled MacMall Order, Reordered with Apple

Discussion in 'iMac' started by schhflap, Jan 8, 2013.

1. schhflap, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013

schhflap macrumors newbie

Yesterday I canceled my order for a fully loaded 21.5 iMac which I had ordered from MacMall on 11/30/12. After 5+ weeks of no information and no estimates of when my computer might be delivered, I'd had enough. I reordered thru the Apple site. Since, I have had several conversations with their customer service department. The difference is like night and day. The Apple folks are friendly, professional, and HELPFUL! I am looking forward to having my computer delivered by 1/25/13. I haven't got the foggiest idea of when it might have arrived from MacMall. I understand that the reseller pipeline for all iMacs has been basically shut down until such time as the AppleStore outlets have sufficient product to meet their needs. Lesson learned.

2. schhflap thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple Beat It's Order Estimate.

I ordered my 21.5" iMac from Apple on 1/8 to replace a cancelled MacMall order. The delivery estimate for 2-3 Day Air was 1/21 - 1/25. I just received a notice that my unit shipped on 1/11, and is in the FedEx system to deliver on 1/15! That is the kind of service I was hoping for. 10 days early rather than 3 weeks late with nothing in sight.:):):)