Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EatTheApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
I just cancelled my order. The main reason is because of the 3-4 weeks to delivery. I am sure that apple will have them in stores this week....it wouldn't make sense other wise.

Also I called BestBuy (in Montreal) and they told me that they would have it on Tuesda. (Hope he's not full of ****)

I'm no expert, But if your delivery timeline is 3-4 weeks, I suggest you cancel the order (unless it's NOT the base model)

Again, this REALLY SUCKS apple...

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I just cancelled my order. The main reason is because of the 3-4 weeks to delivery. I am sure that apple will have them in stores this week....it wouldn't make sense other wise.

Also I called BestBuy (in Montreal) and they told me that they would have it on Tuesda. (Hope he's not full of ****)

I'm no expert, But if your delivery timeline is 3-4 weeks, I suggest you cancel the order (unless it's NOT the base model)

Not this week. Maybe the week of April 12th...but poor planning and messaging either way.

EatTheApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Not this week. Maybe the week of April 12th...but poor planning and messaging either way.

I hope your wrong and that they get them this week :)

But yeah, really poor planning...the thing is I'm sure that they have them in the back right now...they just don't want to sell them now...the Apple employe seemed really sure that they would have them when I asked him Wednesday...

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I hope your wrong and that they get them this week :)

But yeah, really poor planning...the thing is I'm sure that they have them in the back right now...they just don't want to sell them now...the Apple employe seemed really sure that they would have them when I asked him Wednesday...

As in today or tomorrow? I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think there's a chance. :(

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I think cancelling wasn't a smart move. Why not just cancel before you go into the store where you're so sure they will have it? Or just cancel in the store before paying for it. If they don't even have display models why are you so sure they're gonna have stock to sell?

gooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2013
it may not be a distribution problem. it may be a production problem and you may be smart for canceling if the problem is related to quality.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
it may not be a distribution problem. it may be a production problem and you may be smart for canceling if the problem is related to quality.

Why would you assume it's due to quality though? Could it be? Of course it could be but there's no indication of that from the review models or from leaks.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC

Why cancel the order now? Why not just wait and if you can get the laptop in the store before the delivery date then cancel? I mean, you have no idea of when they will be able to deliver the rMBs. It very well may be 2-3 weeks! In that case you'd miss out.

Yes, it is likely the stores will have it for sale within 4-6 days (I feel), however you never know. I have never seen an Apple product launch like this where you could not purchase the device on the day it was launched.

Also, the whole "shipping on April 10th" ordeal is a screw up on Apple's part. Shipping only takes a few days. It does not take a few weeks. If I had to guess there was a major flaw in production which is why zero Apple stores have the laptop for sale today.

----------

Why would you assume it's due to quality though? Could it be? Of course it could be but there's no indication of that from the review models or from leaks.

The rMB was suppose to launch last year. Mid last year if I recall correctly. So, it has been delayed several times. I would not be surprised if they expected to have enough machines to ship this week, but an issue came up and they only have limited supply.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
The rMB was suppose to launch last year. Mid last year if I recall correctly. So, it has been delayed several times. I would not be surprised if they expected to have enough machines to ship this week, but an issue came up and they only have limited supply.

Oh I wasn't aware of that. Doesn't that just mean they have issues with their production/assembly lines rather than quality issues if you're saying the problem is limited supply?

gooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2013

i knew this question was coming. i have no evidence that the delay is due to quality which is why i used the word "may".

Theophil1971

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2015
USA

Mmmmm... Source for that? I think you just made that up.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I have never seen an Apple product launch like this where you could not purchase the device on the day it was launched.

This actually happened with the updated 2015 MBA and 13" rMBP last month. During the Spring Forward event they announced availability "today." In fact, they were not in the stores here until Wednesday, two days later. Not making excuses for Apple at all, actually quite the reverse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.