Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbolt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Question: I purchased the i7 13" MacBook Air online this morning, but decided to cancel it and camp out at Apple Store to get it tomorrow instead of waiting until next week. Even though it had not shipped yet, Apple already took out the money from my bank account and it has not gone back in yet (canceled an hour ago). Will that affect me from being able to buy the Air tomorrow since I do not have enough in my account to have $1800 come out again? I thought Apple did not take your money until the product ships. I guess they changed that. Thanks!

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011
Question: I purchased the i7 13" MacBook Air online this morning, but decided to cancel it and camp out at Apple Store to get it tomorrow instead of waiting until next week. Even though it had not shipped yet, Apple already took out the money from my bank account and it has not gone back in yet (canceled an hour ago). Will that affect me from being able to buy the Air tomorrow since I do not have enough in my account to have $1800 come out again? I thought Apple did not take your money until the product ships. I guess they changed that. Thanks!

You do realize that the i7 version cannot be purchased in store, right? It's an online-only purchase.

Only the i5 processors can be purchased in store.

That said, the i5 in the 13-inch model is far superior to the i5 in the 11-inch model. The i7 is the same in both models, oddly enough.

I think Apple made a big mistake by putting the worse i5 in both the entry-level 11.6-inch as well as the higher-end 11.6-inch, since it obviously can handle the i7. They should've stuck with the 1.7GHz i5 for the higher-level 11.6-inch at base, since when you look at Intel's price charts, it's only a couple bucks more for them to buy.

jbolt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
You do realize that the i7 version cannot be purchased in store, right? It's an online-only purchase.

Only the i5 processors can be purchased in store.

That said, the i5 in the 13-inch model is far superior to the i5 in the 11-inch model. The i7 is the same in both models, oddly enough.

I think Apple made a big mistake by putting the worse i5 in both the entry-level 11.6-inch as well as the higher-end 11.6-inch, since it obviously can handle the i7. They should've stuck with the 1.7GHz i5 for the higher-level 11.6-inch at base, since when you look at Intel's price charts, it's only a couple bucks more for them to buy.

I just got home from the Apple Store and the manager of the store said that they will have a limited supply of i7 MacBook Airs in tomorrow so to come super early. I made sure by asking twice and also asking other employees.

TheEmpty

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2011
NYC
I just got home from the Apple Store and the manager of the store said that they will have a limited supply of i7 MacBook Airs in tomorrow so to come super early. I made sure by asking twice and also asking other employees.
Hmm, well then it sucks to be me, but I can wait until next Tuesday. Also having a heads up is nice so I know to try to work 16hrs on Monday and it's okay to sleep in because the mail always comes late :p

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
It's not uncommon for it to take 3 business days for the funds to get credited back to your account.

Should've just kept your order. Not worth the hassle of return, much less camping out for a laptop. You've waited this long, whats another couple days?

jbolt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

2IS said:
It's not uncommon for it to take 3 business days for the funds to get credited back to your account.

Should've just kept your order. Not worth the hassle of return, much less camping out for a laptop. You've waited this long, whats another couple days?

I know I should have, but I am impatient and didn't find out it was going to take a week until after I placed my order. I just going to try tomorrow morning and if I can't get it, then I will just reorder through Amazon and save money on tax.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Goes to show that impatience sometimes makes you run around chasing your tail needlessly. Basically, it sometimes serves you the opposite of what you were after.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
lol. we spend months eagerly awaiting a device we know nothing about, while not spending a couple of minutes to think about how we will actually get it. people are funny :)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

They had plenty at 5th Avenue in NYC. It depends on the store. I picked it up this morning and cancelled my online order after that (I wasn't going to take a chance if they didn't have them in).

Usually the larger stores carry some of the "custom" configurations (particularly the "ultimates"). The iPad displays at 5th Avenue were advertising the $999 base, the $1199 model, and the $1649 model. I didn't ask if they had any of the other models in stock. Someone in front of me purchased one, too (I think it was also a $1649 model).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.