Canceled order, still charged!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andrewdale, Feb 27, 2008.

1. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone,

So, I ordered a new MBP, but then remembered that I can get a Family & Friends Discount through a friend at the local Apple Store. So, I canceled the order, got an e-mail confirmation, and viola. All done, right?

No.

I went today to order, only to find that the charge hasn't been removed from my account yet!

How long does that usually take?! I need to order SOON! Thanks for any help.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Call the Apple Store phone number and find out when they will refund the money. They won't if it has already shipped. You will have to refuse service, or maybe take it back to the Apple Store your friend works at and get him to return it, then resell it back to you at the discounted price.

TEG

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

It could take a little time-- I have returned stuff at stores and have had it take 24-48 hours to process.

4. maclawlz macrumors newbie

OMG that is sooooo long. I don't know what I would do during that time except go here on MacRumors.

5. andrewdale thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ha. Wow.

So, yeah. I called Apple and they said they were going to issue a "refund" for the money. It hadn't shipped yet. I had barely had it ordered 5 hours at the most.

The only problem is, they said it's gonna take 3-5 business days. So, I have to wait until then to make my purchase. Dern.

Guess that I'll pay for fast shipping now.

Thanks, everyone.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Partially it is the banks' fault - they are fast to take the money out of the account, and slow to credit refunds back. Of course, they make the interest for themselves during the 3 - 5 days on each end -- 3 - 5 days before the merchant is credited with the monies from your purchase, and 3 - 5 days before your card is credited on refunds.