Canceling AT&T Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tribe, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Tribe macrumors newbie

So my AT&T order for the iPhone 6 64gb shows 9/23-10/02 delivery date. Apple's site is showing a 9/19 delivery for the same model.

I do see a cancel pre-order option on AT&Ts site, however, I'm wondering how this will effect me when I attempt to re-order from Apple's site?

Will I still be able to get the subsidized price?

2. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

\

Maybe not immediately with all the server traffic, but yes. You will.

3. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I was in the same boat as you, but with AT&T Next and I did it earlier this morning. I tried canceling online as soon as I got my AT&T confirmation (I had already ordered through Apple) but it wouldn't go through. Got a text message and email later in the day saying AT&T cancelled my order since I had already upgraded my line. It seems like Apple was faster, since they had already charged me the tax when AT&T just did a $1 charge.

4. duaneu macrumors 6502a

I was in the same boat...tried to cancel online, the button wasn't doing anything. Called up, finally got to talk to someone after an hour on hold, but it was too late. The order had already "gone to the warehouse", so it couldn't be changed or cancelled.

So, I may not get one on launch day. It's not the end of the world. Still hopeful that the date is just an estimate and it might still get here by the 19th.

And next year I'll trust my instincts and order from Apple, like I have all my other iPhones. It's just that last night, it was late, I was tired and wanted to go to bed, wasn't getting anywhere with the Apple Store app or the website, and AT&T was working, so I went with AT&T in a moment of weakness.

5. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

NO.

This is what happened when trying to go through the Apple Store with my AT&T UPGRADE ELIGIBLE account: Your account is in a market not supported for upgrades.

This made me lose last night my Sep 19th guaranteed 6+ 64GB Silver, a 6+ 128GB Gold, and then an hour ago a 6 Silver 128GB.

If anything, accept delivery of that phone then go to a store next Friday and see if you get lucky - then simply return the other phone.

6. duaneu macrumors 6502a

Wow, I didn't know when I was writing my "I was in the same boat" post that some else was writing one too... :)

7. Tribe thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm really not that desperate for 1st day iPhone, but if all it took were a couple of clicks then I would do it! I'll go ahead and call AT&T (really didn't want to though lol).

Thanks for all the help guys!

8. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

You can only get the subsidized price now. They will not start selling unlocked phones for probably over a month.

9. lenard macrumors 6502

I was testing all day yesterday and got that message on the Apple site, so at pre order time I went to AT&T, took me 2 minutes to order. By testing out a test purchase I knew the apple site would not work for me. I was trying to use att next plan and I am also a premier customer.