Canceling data service

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by porcupine8, Jun 29, 2013.

1. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I have a Sprint iPad. I'm trying to cancel my data service, but when I go to "View Account", it gives me the message "This device has already been activated and cannot be reactivated at this time" - it won't actually show me my account. I tried to go to Sprint's website to make an account there to handle it, but it won't take my iPad's serial # to set up an account.

About a month ago, my iPad had some firmware problems and I got it replaced at the Apple store. I restored it from an old backup. Since then I've been having a ton of Invalid SIM issues with the new one and haven't actually been able to get my cell data to work in the first place. Has anyone had this kind of problem after moving a SIM card to a new iPad? I googled the error message above and it gives zero hits, which is worrying.

Do I just need to go back to the Apple store?

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Nope, just call Sprint customer support.

Out of curiosity are you paying for this data plan by credit card or billed at the end of the month like a cell phone would be? I ask because if its the latter you can't make changes via the iPad for any carrier. AT&T and Verizon error messages basically say as much but perhaps Sprint decided on a very cryptic error message for this issue

3. porcupine8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, it's a pay-up-front month-to-month account. Before I traded in my iPad, controlling the account via the Settings app worked fine. I set it up through there in the first place.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You can make any changes to your account with AT&T, anything from canceling the data plan NOW or at the end of the month to changing the amount of data you need right on the iPad.

5. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

He has sprint.
    --
    If you don't have a contract, or it is over, just call them, give them your PIN, and they will remove the plan. Good Luck ;)

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I'm aware he has Sprint. My reply was not to the OP. Did you read what I had quoted?

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Which is lovely but has nothing to do with how Sprint handles it.

And might actually be somewhat false since that may (and likely does) only apply to prepaid via credit card accounts. Post paid to your cell phone bill may not be manageable off the iPad for AT&T or Sprint just like it isn't for Verizon which is why I asked if he was paying by credit card or billed

8. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

My bad. I misunderstood what your original post said.