Canceling Ebay Bid

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nickarmadillo, Aug 30, 2009.

1. nickarmadillo macrumors regular

My girlfriend recently purchased a Macbook Pro with the free iPod touch offer. As she already has an iPod, she decided to list the new one on Ebay to recoup some of the cost of her laptop.

She listed it on the UK site and specifically wrote in the listing that it was for UK bidders only. Everything was going great until today, when someone from Arizona made the winning bid.

This bidder has no feedback and they has made a bid that is far higher than the actual cost of the iPod in the US, which is quite suspicious.

Is there any way to cancel their winning bid and give the item to the next highest UK bidder? Thanks for your help.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Since you stated in the auction that it was for UK bidders only, I think you should be able cancel their bid. However, I have no idea how to.

3. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Sounds highly suspicious, wait for the winning bidder to email you, I'm sure they'll go into some long story about how they're buying the iPod for their daughter studying in Nigeria and please send your bank account number so they can wire a Western Union payment or some BS like that, then you should be able to report it to eBay as fraudulent.