Canceling iPad Data

Discussion in 'iPad' started by millertime021, Sep 10, 2010.

1. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

So, I know how to cancel the iPad data plan, but I had a question on behalf of my grandma. She has a 3G + WiFi iPad and she recently purchased a data plan for her travels.

Basically, we'd like to know, if she cancels the 250MB data plan before the end date, can she keep using the rest of the data for the rest of the month, or does it just cut off service right then and there.

Thanks!

I did some MRoogleing and didn't find what I was looking for. I probably could have tried harder, but I'm showing her some other features right now as well.

2. DisneySMAX macrumors member

Cancelling the plan is fine but DON'T DELETE THE ACCOUNT. Because that will stop it working.

I tested this out on my last trip to the USA. I signed up for 2G of data then cancelled the plan straight away. It gives you 2 options. One to cancel the plan and delete the account later and the second is to delete the account.

I used the data for 10 days and just before getting on the plane home I deleted the account. The data then stopped instantly.

So just make sure she chooses the correct option. You don't actually have to delete the account as cancelling the plan is enough for you not to get charged again.

3. millertime021 thread starter macrumors 6502a

millertime021

Thank you very much.

4. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY