Canceling iPhone 4 Contract

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by h0ttballer, May 8, 2011.

1. h0ttballer macrumors member

Okay, so like the couple million other people out there, I want to cancel my iPhone 4 contract in time for the release of the iPhone "5".

I was wondering if this would work... I cancel my iPhone 4 contract for the $325 early termination fee. And I don't get this part... "Minus $10 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete". Does that mean they charge me an extra $10 for each incomplete month?

So, correct me if I am wrong, I can cancel my contract then get the "extra" fees added on. After canceling my contract, I can then sell my iPhone 4 for a good $300-500 price range. And keep in mind, this is all BEFORE the release of the iPhone 5 to keep the value at a higher level.

I'm assuming this is all legal, do many people think of doing this?

Thanks guys!

2. h0ttballer thread starter macrumors member

An edit.

So ATT will deduct $10 for every month I have used. So if I have used 7 months, they will deduct $70 from the original $325 fee.

so 325-70=$255 to cancel my contract... Seems pretty good because I can resell my iPhone 4 for at LEAST $255.

After that process I can simply buy the iphone 5!