Canceling itunes purchases

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jkramb, Sep 14, 2008.

1. jkramb macrumors member

I downloaded one of the free TV show downloads on itunes, and both the hd and standard def versions of the show are showing up on my download list. How do i cancel the HD download. I'm in europe and the internet is painfully slow and I don't want to download the hd. is this the catch of the free downoad?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

This should be in the iTunes section, but nonetheless you can't cancel; if you paid for the HD version you get both the SD and the HD; if you paid for the SD version you only get the SD version.

So you can can pause the download, but that's about it. Just download at night when you sleep.

3. jkramb thread starter macrumors member

it is in the itunes section, and i can't download at night. you have to pay for internet based on how much bandwidth you use in europe

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Maybe you do, but that's certainly not true for large parts of Europe so stop generalising to make it sound like a larger problem than it is.

5. jkramb thread starter macrumors member

are you seriously that offended by what i said? seriously calm down. I was just describing my situation. I didn't know that was uncommon here. I'm in Austria.

6. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

Maybe that's the case in Austria, or maybe your provider in Austria. But that's certainly not the case for the rest of Europe. In the Netherlands it's a fixed price a month for unlimited downloads. It is capped to a certain speed though.

7. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

OK most Western EU countries don't have that so don't generalise.

8. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Anyways...back on topic.

There's no way to cancel a download? I have the same problem. SD is fine for me but I have this 1.4gb file that keeps trying to download. I pause it, delete it from the list, but it always reappears and starts downloading.

I'll probably just try to finish the dl at school where the connection is plenty fast, but it'd be nice if I could just stop it now.

9. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

next time you can dl the standard def only by dl'ing it from the standard def section of the show (as opposed to the high def section y'all dl'ed it from)

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Basically the most you can do is refrain from making HD purchases. You can call and ask for a refund on the HD part as well, but that's it.

Sorry that you have to pay by the download in Austria; I went to Wien to visit a friend and he just downloaded whatever.

11. Madness macrumors regular

i came across the same problem last night...

just click on the download , go to edit->delete ... then it should be gone

12. Silverfist macrumors member

Silverfist

Same thing here...

Didn't realize I was selecting the HD versions for the free eps, and I ended up having to run iTunes overnight for 4 nights to get rid of everything (doesn't help that my ISP drops my connection every once in a while.)

...And what's incredibly irritating is, it somehow didn't register that one of my downloads was there, and it's currently downloading the HD version of <I>BSG</I> Season 4 premiere AGAIN. The exact same thing happened earlier this year with a free ep of <I>How I Met Your Mother</I>, but at least that was only a half-hour show, and in SD.

I right-clicked and selected "delete"; I hightlit and used the delete key; and I selected the partial download in my downloads folder and threw that in the trash; but nothing made a bit of difference.

Looks like I'm going to have to run the stupid thing over night yet again...

13. chrijame macrumors newbie

hi, i had the same problem, im in AustrALIA, not Austria lol, all i did is email the itunes support and the lady deleted it straight away, this is the only way to permanently delete it off of your downloads queue,

hope thats was of help, good luck