Canceling June 29th, but can I still use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LucasLand, Jun 8, 2009.

1. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

I love the iphone, but not much into making calls. I'm sick of paying $70 per month. My 2yr agreement is up june 29th and I'm going to cancel. My question is will i still be able to use the phone as if it were an ipod touch? I still would like to use it for the music, videos and wifi.

If not, will the phone be worthless? What can I get for a used original iphone?

Anyone else going to cancel after their 2yr deal?

2. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Yes you can use it as a touch.

But if you want to sell it, what condition/size is it? I'm interested.

3. hobes270 macrumors regular

I came over to ATT from Verizon. My entire family is Verizon along with my girlfriend. I cant deal with paying this much every month and always watching my min. I feel like I cant talk long to anyone. I can go back to verizon and go on a family share plan for $9.95 and a 9.95 text plan. That is $20 a month compared to my now, $100. I would then get an ipod touch. I really want to do this but I am going to miss the iphone teriibly. I just cant stand paying this much anymore and always going over.

4. Dmich116 macrumors member

Can you wait until a new iTouch comes out by the end of the year?

5. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

This is actually not true.

You're paying 9.95 for your line, but that doesn't include any of the shared minutes you use, it's just for the number itself. The cheapest family share plan is 70$ for two lines, so you would actually be paying $40ish (assuming you're not mooching off your parents)

Your 9.95 text plan includes only 500 texts.

You aren't paying for a data plan which, by the way, start at about 25$.

6. hobes270 macrumors regular

First off I would not get a data plan because I would just use the touch and deal with it. Next off, my gf already has a family share with 1400 min. She only uses 1000 of them. I can guarantee you that I will not use 400 min because everyone I talk to is verizon. There is no way I would talk 400 min outside of verizon customers. And my text plan, last month with ATT i used 1200 text, only 56 of them was to people outside verizon.

7. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

I will sell

I will sell once june 29th comes around and I cancel.