Canceling order att Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by oRBIT2002, Mar 29, 2011.

1. oRBIT2002 macrumors member

I put an order on Apple Store for an iPad2, and payed with my creditcard. Does anyone knows how this works when canceling an order? How long does it take to get the money back?

2. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

They dont charge your card till the item ships so they never took your money you can just cancel.

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Log into your order at the Apple Store. If the status is not "Shipped", you have not been charged.

I was not charged for my iPad until 1 day before it was delivered. I was not even charged for the other accessories I had on the same order until then, even though they came a week earlier.

4. oRBIT2002 thread starter macrumors member

Well, they've already locked the amount on my account anyway but the shipment is planned in may.

5. mfr1340 macrumors regular

debit cards

they charge your debit card when you use it. they sent the cover 5 weeks earlier so they could process the transaction.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

They have not removed any funds from your bank. They have maybe put a temporary hold on the funds but if they do not follow with a charge to your account, this hold will go away. This "hold" does decrease the amount available in your account but in a few days this hold will disappear.

MOST important is if you want to cancel do so BEFORE it ships and they actually charge your account. If that happens you will have to sent the device back to Apple and wait a week or so for the funds to be returned to your account.

7. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I done the same and just phoned up and they said could take 5-7 days (As it states on the cancellation email) to remove the hold. Someone in the UK iPad thread said that it only took 3 days though.