Canceling part of an order.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RodChester, Mar 24, 2015.

1. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

So my Apple Watch order is looking to be a watch for me and my girlfriend and a few extra bands. I am wanting to get a black leather loop band as well but I'm not sure about the size. My wrist measures just under 180mm and that is just about at the top for a medium. So I am planning on ordering both large and medium band and canceling one before my order ships.

I'll be going to an Apple Store on the 18th to see the Watch and try the bands to see which fits better. So long story short will it be possible to cancel one of my bands before the pre order ships or will I have to cancel the whole order and start over again?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Should be possible. If for some reason you can't, just return it for a full refund. I've done this with iPhone and iPad cases, where I wanted to see the colors in person before deciding which now I want -- I just order all the colors I'm interested in and return the ones I decide not to keep.

3. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I'm planning to just do two separate orders. One for my SS with Link and another for the Sport band. I think apple will ship them separately anyway. That is what they did with my phone and leather cover and they shipped my iPad and iPad cover separately also.

4. RodChester thread starter macrumors regular

RodChester

Yeah that was going to be my last resort option. The only thing is my closest Apple Store is 90 minutes away so the return could be a bit of a hassle with having to do it through the mail. Oh well, I'll make it work one way or another.

5. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

To be safe, I would suggest placing multiple orders:

1: (assuming you're getting a SS with rubber band) order Watch
    2: order large band
    3: order medium band

...then cancel the order for whatever band you don't want.

...or if you're ordering the SS with the leather loop, place two orders:

1: SS watch w/ large leather band
    2: SS watch w/ medium leather band

...cancel whichever one you want, after trying them on at the store.

If you put everything together in one order, you might not be able to do a partial cancel. If these watches end up selling out, this would prevent you from getting your watch on launch date. Or if you end up keeping the original order, you'd be stuck with a 90-minute drive to the Apple Store to return one of the bands.