Canceling pre-order on the spot?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CKtoph, Nov 2, 2017.

1. CKtoph macrumors 6502

I know there are some here who have experience cancelling their pre-orders on launch day if they can get their hands on one. For those who have done this, have you had any issues? How long in advance did you cancel your pre-order?

2. Nibiruthehufky macrumors member

If I go to the line and I’m up front, I’m cancelling.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I would recommend that you hold off cancelling until you have the iphone x in hand. You could be second in line, but if they only have 1 iPhone X, you'll be out of luck and you would have cancelled your online order.

I know I'm pointing out an extreme example, but I do so, to make my point.

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Did you use a Finance upgrade: Next or IUP for your pre-order? That answer can have a large impact if you are trying for and in-store pickup tomorrow.

If you are paying full price then no worries, cancel after you have your new iPhone X in your hands.

Dave

5. winmac2015 macrumors member

Hope you guys that are waiting in line and pre-ordered through your carriers are going to Corporate owned stores and not Authorized Retailers....

6. CKtoph thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the iPhone upgrade program through Verizon and my pre-order is through Verizon. I’m hoping to see if I can snag one tomorrow morning (at an Apple Store), and if I do, cancel my pre-order.

An Apple rep over the phone has confirmed for me that I can use the Verizon iPhone upgrade program to purchase the phone in the Apple Store on Friday. Anyone have experience with this?

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I doubt an ATT authorized retailer will have any stock.