Canceling Preorders?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brezz, Mar 7, 2011.

1. brezz macrumors member

I will likely be pre-ordering my new iPad Friday AM. If I go to the Apple Store and am lucky enough to pick one up later in the day, can I cancel my online order?

Brian

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Unless you order late in the day like after 3pm.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

What would be the purpose of that?
    By then you could probably tell if you are going to get one in the store.

5. JonnyBravo macrumors regular

But then again...you can always refuse the delivery or just return the item that was shipped right? (if you really wanted to go through all that)

I forget..can you return something that you bought from apple.com back to the store or do you have to ship it back?

6. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

This guy is so ****ing scared of not getting one. Virgin

7. ics55 macrumors regular

That depends on the store. I think that officially you are supposed to ship it back. However, at the managers discretion, they can accept it. If it's a hot item, I think your chances are better:)

Remember. Apple no longer charges restocking fees, so you can always return the one you bought at the physical store and keep the online one!

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You can always cancel you online order unless the status changes to "prepared to ship".

I think people need to sit back and take a deep breathe, I have never been to a major Apple launch and not walked out with a product in my hand. Apple will have more than enough iPads for everyone this weekend and a press release ready to go Monday morning congratulating themselves for selling a Million iPads to consumers.

The March 11th release is only for the US, other countries have to wait 2 weeks, so I think Apple is prioritizing their shipment to make sure they have enough to supply for walks-in at Apple and other retailers, as well as online orders.

9. JonnyBravo macrumors regular

Well said. If I could...I would "Like" this post! :)

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

thank you.