Cancelled an order, paid with a debit card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by malfrinko, Jul 24, 2013.

1. malfrinko macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long it takes for Apple to make a full refund? I ordered something through the Malaysian Apple Store using a DEBIT card and decided to cancel the order (due to some inner conflicts). The money, of course, has been deducted from my account. I'm a noob at these banking stuff.

:confused:

2. maxosx macrumors 68020

Using a debit card is not a good idea. Had you used a credit card, you have at least a few weeks to deal with the issue with the help of the bank.

Apple is very good about refunding your money. The last time they sold me a damaged computer as new, I had to wait for a refund. It took just less than one month.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

The charge is probably just a per authorization. How long it takes to get canceled depends on your bank. Here in the US, it usually takes 2-3 days.

4. malfrinko thread starter macrumors newbie

I got my refund already. It took exactly 2 business days.
    Thanks for the answers, anyway!

5. AllieNeko macrumors 6502a

I don't know about in Malaysia, but in the US you should ALWAYS pay with a credit card because most (prime level - American Express, Visa Signature, World Mastercard, Discover, and some lower-than-Signature Visa) credit cards will give you an extra year of warranty coverage for free (American Express is easiest to deal with, BY FAR)