Cancelled AT&T preorder, but phone shipped anyway

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entlassen, Sep 29, 2014.

1. entlassen macrumors member

I pre-ordered a 6+ from the AT&T website on opening night. Expected shipping date was 10/13 to 10/22. I called AT&T and cancelled the pre-order last week and even got a cancellation confirmation email.

Delivery guy knocked on my door today and delivered the phone, to my complete surprise. I checked the order status, and it shipped 3 days ago, several days after I had already cancelled. They never even sent me a tracking number or any notice that the shipment was coming to me. I'm probably gonna keep the phone, but what a mess!

2. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

3. entlassen thread starter macrumors member

They charged my credit card, so not sure what you're talking about.

4. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Maybe you should've said that in your OP? You said you cancelled the order, got a cancel confirmation email, and it arrived at your door. Nowhere did you say your card was charged (or refunded).

So yeah. Enjoy it then.

5. Bubbler328 macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to my buddy today. He found out his phone shipped a week and a half after canceling his order. He called att and they have "no record of order cancellation" even though he has a cancellation number.

Now it's a hassle. Ugh.

6. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

You can bring it to the store and you'll get a full refund (unless you are a premier account so good luck with that).
    You should have refused delivery.

7. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Happened to me when the 5 came out. Tried returning it, it was such a hassle.