Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entlassen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I pre-ordered a 6+ from the AT&T website on opening night. Expected shipping date was 10/13 to 10/22. I called AT&T and cancelled the pre-order last week and even got a cancellation confirmation email.

Delivery guy knocked on my door today and delivered the phone, to my complete surprise. I checked the order status, and it shipped 3 days ago, several days after I had already cancelled. They never even sent me a tracking number or any notice that the shipment was coming to me. I'm probably gonna keep the phone, but what a mess!

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
They charged my credit card, so not sure what you're talking about.

Maybe you should've said that in your OP? You said you cancelled the order, got a cancel confirmation email, and it arrived at your door. Nowhere did you say your card was charged (or refunded).

So yeah. Enjoy it then.

Bubbler328

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
Same thing happened to my buddy today. He found out his phone shipped a week and a half after canceling his order. He called att and they have "no record of order cancellation" even though he has a cancellation number.

Now it's a hassle. Ugh.

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
You can bring it to the store and you'll get a full refund (unless you are a premier account so good luck with that).
You should have refused delivery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.