Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealEvil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Hi,

I ordered on the 26th. Phoned Apple today, was told that they wont start shipping until the end of November and into December so I cancelled.

I was originally told it would ship November 9th, so I partly cancelled out of anger and spite for having at least another 3 week delay.

I wonder if they are having heat issues? Or maybe its the 4850. Who knows, but id rather wait until I can actually order one and have it arrive within a week or so.

Aadhil

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2009
California
Hi,

I ordered on the 26th. Phoned Apple today, was told that they wont start shipping until the end of November and into December so I cancelled.

I was originally told it would ship November 9th, so I partly cancelled out of anger and spite for having at least another 3 week delay.

I wonder if they are having heat issues? Or maybe its the 4850. Who knows, but id rather wait until I can actually order one and have it arrive within a week or so.

But waiting is part of the fun! :)

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
but id rather wait until I can actually order one and have it arrive within a week or so.

You serious? What do you gain by that? Either you have your order in now and wait until they ship. Or you wait until they ship and then put your order in. It is the same difference in the amount of time that you will need to wait whether it be end of Nov or early Dec. Your logic baffles me. :rolleyes:

Besk one

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2009
Lamez...

When I ordered on the 26th of October, I was pretty sure Apple would end up shipping my computer on the 30th of November.

Get a grip people, Apple said our machines will ship in... NOVEMBER, that means if they ship it on the last day of the month ----> they meet their shipping estimate.

It's like a bunch of impatient 6 year olds hang out here.

iWoz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2009
East Midlands, U.K
Lamez...

When I ordered on the 26th of October, I was pretty sure Apple would end up shipping my computer on the 30th of November.

Get a grip people, Apple said our machines will ship in... NOVEMBER, that means if they ship it on the last day of the month ----> they meet their shipping estimate.

It's like a bunch of impatient 6 year olds hang out here.

Ok Mom!!

I agree with your point though

musukosan

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Puyallup, WA
Hi,

I don't get what the difference is. You get it at the same time, either way. Maybe even a bit sooner if you are on a "waiting list". I ordered mine and now I am sitting back and relaxing... it will get here when it gets here. Of course I'm filled with anticipation... but I realize that nothing I can do will change when it ships.

Shivetya

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
Well I canceled mine as well, but did it yesterday.

After playing with the 27 at Microcenter (4670 graphics chip) I can only imagine how hot the 4850 quad core must be. This thing rivals my old MBP for heat.

Throw that in with being totally obtuse about shipping and I will wait till they have a product to sell.

macabyte

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2009
iMac 27

Has anyone on the forum received a 27 with the 4850?

If you try to order one it always flips to November

I ordered mine on the 26th October - Apple said because it was the i7 I would be expecting it in late November early December.
iMac 27" BTO 1TB Harddrive, 8GB Ram, GFX 4850, Quad i7.
I previously ordered the 24" and 2 days later the 27" came out. Thank God I caught it just in time. I have been using windows for 15 years.
This should be an awesome experience. :D by the way I'm in OZ

Can't understand the logic behind cancelling through frustration - Good things take time. :(

silverprince

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2009
Australia
no it isn't:D

No, I think the waiting has gone beyond what people would call "fun".

It is just ridiculous how long apple have made people wait for their shipment.

Especially the Resellers who are copping a lot of flack from their customers.
It just shows very little respect for the Resellers, who have built a lot of apples business in other parts of the world.

andykemp

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2007
I ordered an i7, 2TB HDD BTO on Saturday. Apple UK are estimating shipping in 5-7 days.

It says that until you place the order! I cancelled my order to upgrade to the i7 5-6days ago and it listed 5-7 days the whole way through the order process until I had finsihed then about 20mins later it updated to:
Shipping: 1st December
Arrive: 10th December

Hope your's doesn't also change...

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
Well I canceled mine as well, but did it yesterday.

After playing with the 27 at Microcenter (4670 graphics chip) I can only imagine how hot the 4850 quad core must be. This thing rivals my old MBP for heat.

Throw that in with being totally obtuse about shipping and I will wait till they have a product to sell.

Its actually quite cool to the touch, even under load. Much cooler than anything that I've played around with at the Apple store in terms of the Core 2 Duo's. I was pleasantly surprised.

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
It says that until you place the order! I cancelled my order to upgrade to the i7 5-6days ago and it listed 5-7 days the whole way through the order process until I had finsihed then about 20mins later it updated to:
Shipping: 1st December
Arrive: 10th December

Hope your's doesn't also change...

Mine is still on the original estimate (2 days later). I asked the sales rep, and they said UK orders are shipping within the estimates.

EDIT: Just called Apple. They will be shipping between the 27th-1st (ie: 5-7 business days after the 21st), with the shipment coming from China, resulting in delivery between the 8th-11th December. So yes, they're sticking to the estimates.

JabbaII

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2007
I am wondering about this as well. I been watching the availability of i7.
It looks like Apple ships the base configs to each location and roll in any BTO options locally (the delivery time does not change on any of the options).

The delivery time is 5-7 days now and in 7 days time it will be 24hours (like the other models).

Conclusion: Better to wait until Apple has something to sell:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.