Cancelled iMac i7 order - Apple told me end Nov/Dec for shipping

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RealEvil, Nov 4, 2009.

1. RealEvil macrumors 6502

Hi,

I ordered on the 26th. Phoned Apple today, was told that they wont start shipping until the end of November and into December so I cancelled.

I was originally told it would ship November 9th, so I partly cancelled out of anger and spite for having at least another 3 week delay.

I wonder if they are having heat issues? Or maybe its the 4850. Who knows, but id rather wait until I can actually order one and have it arrive within a week or so.

2. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Hopefully it's taking longer then expected to get the desktop versions of the 4850's in :D.

3. UrFatMom macrumors regular

Or the 4870 desktop :)

4. Aadhil macrumors regular

But waiting is part of the fun! :)

5. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

You serious? What do you gain by that? Either you have your order in now and wait until they ship. Or you wait until they ship and then put your order in. It is the same difference in the amount of time that you will need to wait whether it be end of Nov or early Dec. Your logic baffles me. :rolleyes:

6. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

Everyone else just moved up one spot in line!

7. Besk one macrumors member

Lamez...

When I ordered on the 26th of October, I was pretty sure Apple would end up shipping my computer on the 30th of November.

Get a grip people, Apple said our machines will ship in... NOVEMBER, that means if they ship it on the last day of the month ----> they meet their shipping estimate.

It's like a bunch of impatient 6 year olds hang out here.

8. morficus macrumors member

Nope, just a large group of tech-folks we are used to instant gratification ;-)

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Hey, they only look impatient because they've been waiting in line to pee for soo long.

10. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Ok Mom!!

I agree with your point though

11. musukosan macrumors regular

I don't get what the difference is. You get it at the same time, either way. Maybe even a bit sooner if you are on a "waiting list". I ordered mine and now I am sitting back and relaxing... it will get here when it gets here. Of course I'm filled with anticipation... but I realize that nothing I can do will change when it ships.

12. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Well I canceled mine as well, but did it yesterday.

After playing with the 27 at Microcenter (4670 graphics chip) I can only imagine how hot the 4850 quad core must be. This thing rivals my old MBP for heat.

Throw that in with being totally obtuse about shipping and I will wait till they have a product to sell.

13. Walkaa macrumors member

14. VicX macrumors member

VicX

well this 4850 version has shipped long time ago, as long as u don't want i5 i7

15. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Has anyone on the forum received a 27 with the 4850?

If you try to order one it always flips to November

16. macabyte macrumors newbie

macabyte

iMac 27

I ordered mine on the 26th October - Apple said because it was the i7 I would be expecting it in late November early December.
    iMac 27" BTO 1TB Harddrive, 8GB Ram, GFX 4850, Quad i7.
    I previously ordered the 24" and 2 days later the 27" came out. Thank God I caught it just in time. I have been using windows for 15 years.
    This should be an awesome experience. :D by the way I'm in OZ

Can't understand the logic behind cancelling through frustration - Good things take time. :(

17. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

I ordered an i7, 2TB HDD BTO on Saturday. Apple UK are estimating shipping in 5-7 days.

18. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

no it isn't:D

19. silverprince macrumors member

No, I think the waiting has gone beyond what people would call "fun".

It is just ridiculous how long apple have made people wait for their shipment.

Especially the Resellers who are copping a lot of flack from their customers.
    It just shows very little respect for the Resellers, who have built a lot of apples business in other parts of the world.

20. tompenpark macrumors newbie

Checking delivery status still fun to me, 7 days left.

21. andykemp macrumors newbie

It says that until you place the order! I cancelled my order to upgrade to the i7 5-6days ago and it listed 5-7 days the whole way through the order process until I had finsihed then about 20mins later it updated to:
    Shipping: 1st December
    Arrive: 10th December

Hope your's doesn't also change...

22. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Its actually quite cool to the touch, even under load. Much cooler than anything that I've played around with at the Apple store in terms of the Core 2 Duo's. I was pleasantly surprised.

23. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Mine is still on the original estimate (2 days later). I asked the sales rep, and they said UK orders are shipping within the estimates.

EDIT: Just called Apple. They will be shipping between the 27th-1st (ie: 5-7 business days after the 21st), with the shipment coming from China, resulting in delivery between the 8th-11th December. So yes, they're sticking to the estimates.

24. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Yeah, this makes no sense at all. Thanks for bumping me up in line though.

25. JabbaII macrumors regular

I am wondering about this as well. I been watching the availability of i7.
    It looks like Apple ships the base configs to each location and roll in any BTO options locally (the delivery time does not change on any of the options).

The delivery time is 5-7 days now and in 7 days time it will be 24hours (like the other models).

Conclusion: Better to wait until Apple has something to sell:D