Cancelled Preorder - Can I Still Go To The Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 6stringR, Jun 16, 2010.

1. 6stringR macrumors newbie

Well I was in the unlucky bunch who didn't get in on the first wave of apple.com iPhone 4 preorders. Theres no way I'm waiting until July 6th-8th for my phone.

I'm also a new AT&T customer, so I filled out all the information and essentially started my account with AT&T in the preorder process.

Since I cancelled my preorder, can I safely go into an Apple Store on the 24th and (assuming they have one) buy an iPhone and activate it at home? I just don't want to arrive at the Store and then not be able to purchase.

Thanks!

2. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

if you're lucky enough to find a store that will have them you better start camping now because just like the furby crazy people will be lining up early as s**t, i.e. Tuesday for some of them.

3. 6stringR thread starter macrumors newbie

Well yeah but my nearest Apple Store is in a mall. I'm trying to figure out how they handle big-ticket preorders, but since the mall doesn't open til 10AM I think I have a decent shot there.

And if not, I'll stalk Wal-Marts.

So is that confirmation? Since I successfully cancelled my pre-order I'll have no problems picking up a new phone on launch day?

4. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

The mall will be open for the line far before 10am.

5. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Most people can get into the mall earlier and wait it out. There is no guarantee that you will get one this way. They are even saying that they might not have enough to fulfill reservations. I think you are underestimating this a little bit. The 3G launch was horrible. I can only imagine what this is going to be like. My suggestion is to stay off of the roads on the 24th!! :D

Just think that if you do not get one, you may be waiting longer than 7/2.