Price Advice Cancelling orders

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Abba 701, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Abba 701 macrumors regular

So recently I cancelled an order for an iPad because I wanted store pickup and not shipping. Turns out there a a "hold" on my card and my debt card company told me this will not be removed until Nov 26! Anyone know how to speed this up?

2. MacLC macrumors 6502

Something similar has happened to me before. Credit cards operate like margin accounts in the stock market and debit cards operate like cash accounts. You have to wait for the refunded amount to clear (especially if the purchase date and cancellation date are within 3-5 business days).

With a debit card or checks, if you spend the money right away before clearing, the bank/credit union actually has to pay interest on that amount if it does not exist in your account. Many banks and credit unions do not mind on amounts below $400 or $500. However they are often more strict with amounts above that.

In other words, you probably just have to either wait it out or deposit cash from another account temporarily if possible. 11/26 is 6 full business days out which seems like a long ways off by cash clearance standards. The most I have ever experienced was 5.

3. Abba 701 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Abba 701 thread starter macrumors regular

I was trying to get Apple to give me an official refund( which would make it much quicker) but they don't want