Cancom UK? Anyone ever used them?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 2contagious, Feb 28, 2011.

1. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Hi,

I have found a good price for a screen I wanted to buy with a company called Cancom. Has anyone ever used them? Are they trustworthy enough for a £1000 purchase? How about service/returns?

Any information is appreciated :)
    see you,
    2c

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

They're a premium reseller and are one of the biggest Indie resellers in the UK. I used to pop into their Brighton store a fair bit. There's nothing wrong with them as far as I can tell but I never bought any serious hardware (just a keyboard, bluetooth upgrade and some adapter cables) since Apple's HE discount was always better.

3. 2contagious thread starter macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Hi, thanks for your reply :)
    Has anyone here ordered from their Online shop? :)

4. ClaphamChris macrumors regular

I've used them on and off a fair few times over the years - all absolutely fine.

Bought 2 laptops from their bricks and mortar stores, bought a lot of accessories (hard drives, cabling, sleeves and cases etc) from their online store.

They're absolutely legit - nothing to worry about with them.

5. McScooby macrumors 6502

back in the day...

prior to apple's refurb store, i used them both online and over the phone, they were always very helpful and seemless to deal with, one order I recollect was for 15 ibooks!

6. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

i think we have used them at work with out problems, & they been long established, i recall looking at prices way back when i got my first mac. other than the apple store i have mainly used jigsaw24.com who i have had no trouble with.