Candle Wax On iPod Speaker Dock. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by benh911f, Sep 21, 2010.

  1. benh911f macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2009
    #1
    Hey guys,
    I have this iPod speaker dock/ clock radio, and when blowing out a candle on my nightstand, some of the wax sprayed on the speakers. Any advice on how to clean the wax off without damaging the device?
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  2. IChing macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2007
    #2
    Stick it in the freezer

    It won't harm the device, then the majority of the wax comes off easily. The cover looks like metal? The remanding residue can be removed then with a hot damp cloth
     
  3. ryanide macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    #3
    you can do 2 things

    if the grill comes off, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes and the wax will harden and them fall off easily. (but you still may need to use a toothbrush or washcloth)

    Or melt it with a hairdryer, but you take a chance of melting the plastic. If it is a Soy wax candle it will melt easily and faster, but paraffin wax melts at a much higher temperture and it may be too much heat for the device. In that case, check Bed Bath & Beyond for a wax removal solution kit.

    Next time be sure to burn soy candles, they are much easier to clean.
     

Share This Page