Candy Convtable iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by drwebber, Mar 27, 2011.

1. drwebber macrumors regular

drwebber

2. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

According to tracking mine will arrive tomorrow and I'll post impressions etc...

3. drwebber thread starter macrumors regular

drwebber

Great!!! Most excited to find out if it is smart or easy to insert a magnet!

4. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

I would like to see this case as well, so if you could post impressions that would be awesome! Also, I know this is a bit weird, but one of the complaints some reviewers had about the Hard Candy Case in the first gen ipad was that the leather material smelled really bad lol. Let us know if the second gen case smells bad too!

5. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Not sure if my case is coming today or not. FedEx says it is but looking via tracking it still shows no update (strange). I'll make sure to hit on all those points mentioned above.

6. durvivor macrumors member

I received my Black Candy Convertible yesterday.

- I like it. I wanted an iPad 1 Apple Made Style cover and this is it!

- The Faux Nubuck material is excellent for holding the iPad. Very grippy, but soft on the hands! I prefer the grippy feel to the slicker aluminum of the iPad, or leather, or plastic.

- The Faux Nubuck does pick up lint pretty fast.

- It has an industrial / toxic smell to it. I only noticed this as I smelled up close to the iPad as requested in this thread. e.g. I would not have noticed, if I was not looking for it.

- No magnets for smart functionality.

- There is an opening for the microphone.

- The opening for the power button seems slightly off to me. I can easily get to the power button. However, the power button is at the lowest point of the opening.

- I saw a youtube review of this case that stated the case covers the ambient light sensor, but I am unsure where the ambient light sensor to verify that for myself.

7. jedolley macrumors 68000

Ambient light sensor is right above the front camera. We were discussing in this thread. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1127788