Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
I am a PPC lover but also considering switching to LInux just because it's even cheaper than PPC Macs. However...I can't afford that at all so I was hoping that people here could help me with finding a really good icon collection site. At one time I had a great collection of icons that somehow got lost.

What I am looking for is just good stuff (not cartoon-ish sets) and what I am really looking for is a way to keep my Mac fresh from time to time. Linux-like icon sets would be awesome and a bunch of other fun stuff like that.

Just to clarify, I know where to look for some icon sets and which kind to download and such, but mostly looking for tips on hard to find sets or just other fun sets that are no really available anywhere anymore.

Thank you very much for any help!

JRDN

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2015
I'll get my candybar sets to you. All were freely available back then when macthemes (RIP) was around. Back in the candybar heyday I'd spend hours acquiring sets upon sets of cool icons on Snow leopard. I have several thousand (13,000+) of them all organized by type or set.

Last edited:

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
deviantart.com

:D

Thanks, I actually forgot about this site!

I'll get my candybar sets to you. All were freely available back then when macthemes (RIP) was around. Back in the candybar heyday I'd spend hours acquiring sets upon sets of cool icons on Snow leopard. I have several thousand of them all organized by type or set.

This is even more awesome than CandyBar itself! Thanks!

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
JRDN sent me an awesome collection of icons that I easiyl imported into CandyBar and I LOVE IT! It even got me back in the spirit to try even more things and I decided to bring the color back to iTunes sidebar and now I'm even happier!

Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.