Candybar - can't activate

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nice, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Nice macrumors regular

Nice

Hi guys, since Candybar became open and free for everyone, the developers provided a serial code on their website, but I can not seem to get it activated, it gives me an error message. What can I do? It seems their server is down or what... :(

PS There is no hickup in the serial when typing, also the firewall is off. I am on OS X 10.6.8

[​IMG]

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Their server is down because the developer is no longer supporting Candybar. I had it working with the generic serial number but that was some time ago. The app is not compatible with the latest version of OS X so I no longer use it. However, I do remember that it activated OK right after the developer released it to the public. It's probably too late now to activate it.

3. Nice thread starter macrumors regular

Nice

I thought the same.. oh well..

4. allan.nyholm, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017

allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

Just re-downloaded and activated CandyBar using the public serial number without issues. Of course, that doesn't help you but just to throw it out there that the activation server is still online.

macOS Sierra - have not tried Snow Leopard because I do not have access to it at the moment.

You can try clicking the Serial number button on the Panic.com website and let it open CandyBar for you or if that does not work; right click the same button and paste the URL into Safari and let it open that way. It should not make any difference which ever way you do it - just some things to try if you fancy.

One other thing you can try to get through to the server is perhaps using a different DNS server for a while. OpenDNS for instance.