Candybar for OSX Tiger PPC

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by viktorg4, Dec 11, 2016.

1. viktorg4 macrumors newbie

Hey, I just downloaded and used CandyBar 2.6.1 (old version for Tiger) for my Powerbook G4 15'', it works fine!

But after using it for a while it says that i need to pay for it.

They have already closed the development of the app and it should be free, however, the serial on their website do not work.

Do anyone have a serial or know if i can uninstall it and then install it again to make it work?

Thanks.

2. viktorg4 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I can't provide any links to copyrighted software. That would be violating one of the rules here. I provided the one for Candybar because the developer gave out a universal serial before he abandoned the app.

On a related note, Transmission, which is a torrent app makes a version for PowerPC.

4. viktorg4 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think Adobe gave away CS3 at One time, but i cant find it

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No. That was an internet rumor that was misinterpreted and people ran with it.

A few years ago Adobe announced to it's CS2 (not CS3) customers that the company was turning off it's CS2 activation servers. Since there are a lot of CS2 users still out there this is a problem if you need to reinstall CS2 and cannot activate the product.

So, Adobe put up a webpage to download the last version of each CS2 product (and related product) as well as a universal serial number that also activates the product. When Adobe did this they made clear that only CS2 customers who had actually purchased the product were to use these links and serials.

But the internet saw an in the clear webpage and ran with the idea that Adobe had put this up for everyone. Bloggers repeated this lie and it became a big thing. Others rejected Adobe's explanation and made their own explanation saying that if Adobe hadn't wanted people to download the links and serials they would not have put this page up. That got repeated too.

So, Adobe put the webpage behind their user login wall and also removed one of the apps from the download links. Now you have to login to get to that page. Which requires an Adobe ID, which means Adobe has your email address.

But the fallacy that Adobe made this free is still out there.

6. viktorg4 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Did you uncompress it?

It's a .sitx file. You nee Stuffit Expander. Don't use the native uncompression option. Stuffit Expander is free so it should be an easy find.

If it doesn't work after that, let me know and I will try compressing and uploading it again. I have you the one from my Snow Leopard laptop but it's the same one as on my PowerPC laptop.

EDIT: Here you go…http://www.oldapps.com/mac/stuffit_expander_for_mac.php

8. GetToDaChopa macrumors member

GetToDaChopa

macintosh garden had Adobe CS which works great on tiger, and its abondanware, try that one.

9. pochopsp macrumors 6502

pochopsp